Baliol Street, Glasgow
Project: Baliol Street, Glasgow
Client: EBS Contracts
Award Date: January 2015
Completion Date: July 2015
Skyform were awarded a contract by EBS Contracts to carry out natural stone building repairs by means of Helifix, Helibar, Cemtie and Cemrods.
The scope of works carried out consisted of the following:
- Supply and install of Hilti rods in parapet walls to stabilise the natural stone facades
- Installation of 700mm stainless steel strap between parapet wall and timber dwangs
- Supply and install of Helifix tie through existing cornices and new blocking
- Installation of Cemtie rods (450x8mm) through external natural stone leaf across the variable cavity and into the internal skin of the brickwork
- Cemtie rods installed to masonry panels below window openings
- Dismantle existing steps and iron stringers and padstones to all entrances
- Supply and installation of new concrete padstones complete with painted render finish
- Preparation of existing beds, clean out and install new concrete padstones
- Supply and install of Helibar between the coping and top course of stonework
- Helibar supply and install between top and bottom courses of stonework to parapet walls
- Supply and install of bow/tie between 1st and 2nd courses of stonework to lime mortar bed
- Supply and install of Cemrods to masonry panels between window openings
- All works completed to the satisfaction of the client and the engineer, all exterior works completed from scaffold whilst there was an element of drilling from inside the properties which were occupied at the time of the repair contract.
- The works were phased to allow access and egress from properties as per client requirements.
- Works were carried out by Skyform Operatives trained in the Helifix systems.
- Guarantees were made available to owners on completion of blocks.