Clydebank Multis, Glasgow
Project: Clydebank Multis
Client: Clydebank Housing Association
Award Date: August 2015
Completion Date: Current
Skyform were awarded a contract by Clydebank Housing Association to carry out general building works consisting of concrete repairs and waterproofing on 7 no. 15 storey type mark 3 flats.
Skyform have utilised both their specialist and cradle access divisions within this contract.
The works consisted of:
- Hammer tests to all exposed concrete including concrete nibs, floor slabs, balcony edges, soffits etc
- Break out and safe correct disposal of defective concrete, application of SIKA Monotop bonding agent and primer
- Patch repairs in corner columns, balcony soffits, stairs, landings etc.
- Paint areas where patch repairs have been carried out to match existing exterior
- Removal of all elements of flaking paintwork from soffits and balconies
- Brick repointing and replacement where necessary
- Handrail resin injection where deemed necessary to correct loose handrails
- Preparing surfaces for Application of waterproofing system including power wash
- Application of Vulkem Quick Membrane System to waterproof balconies
- Application of Vulkem concrete primer to all balconies
- Cracks and fractures cleaned out and filled with Vulkem Quick Membrane
Other activities consisted of:
- Provision of Heras fencing to secure site
- Provision of bird netting for pest control
- Installation of all relevant signs and barriers to ensure safety on site
- Induction of safe use of cradles to all relevant operatives