Russell Institute, Paisley
Project: Russell Institute, Paisley
Award Date: January 2016
Completion Date: Current
Skyform Specialist were awarded the contract to carry out multi-discipline concrete repair works internally and externally on the Russell Institute 3-storey Monumental Public Building situated prominently in Paisley Town centre on the corner of Causeyside street and New street. This Category A Historic Scotland Building was designed by one of Paisley’s leading architectural practice Abercrombie and Maitland.
The works consist of:
- Removal of existing lift pit and associated support beams – Installation of new pit and support beams.
- Formation of pockets for installation of steel beams.
- Installation of composite concrete floor slabs.
- Hammer testing concrete surface of ground floor, break loose concrete and repair, add rebar with concrete repair system.
- Removal of all redundant fixings – Hammer test beams at the top of the retaining wall. Carry out repairs as required.
- Hammer test concrete on vaulted ceilings at the entrance, repair and add rebar as required.
- Concrete repairs to third floor structure concrete columns and internal beams to be repaired. Hammer test all beams and carry out repairs.
Concrete repairs to the main roof. Rear elevation and steps at main entrance.
- Exterior repairs to the render on walls to the rear of the building from access scaffold.
- Anti Carbonisation paint to be applied.