Swedish Houses, Aberdeenshire
Client: Aberdeenshire Council
Award Date: January 2016
Completion Date: Current
Skyform were awarded a contract by Aberdeenshire Council to carry out Structural repairs and upgrades to 22 properties in the Banff, Huntly, Lumphanan, Blackburn and Newtonhill area of Aberdeenshire.
The project consists of the following improvement works:
- Supply of all plant and materials required for the works including cranes, hoists, paving equipment, concrete plant, transport vehicles etc.
- Cleaning out all rubbish, debris and deleterious materials from within exposed solum space dispose of safely off site.
- Removal of existing external door sets with associated side screens.
- Removal of timber stud and non-load bearing partitions, safe disposal off site.
- Removal of all internal door sets, frames, partitions, stops and ironmongery.
- Removal of sanitary fittings i.e. bath taps and wash hand basins.
- Removal of associated pipe work
- Removal of existing fascia, eaves, tiles, felt and batten on main roof and dormer of properties
- Preparation of roof to receive new fascia, eaves, tiles felt and batten
- Installation of lead sheets to dormer roof and cheeks
- Removal and safe disposal of all plasterboard and insulation
- Safe removal and renewal of all pipework relating to kitchen sink, cooker, washing machine etc.
- Application of specialist fungicidal treatment to floor joists and roof members etc. Provision of 20 year guarantee
- Precast concrete to Thresholds
- Installation of new external and internal doors with associated frames, stops and ironmongery
- New internal partitions installed throughout the property
- New Gyproc Plasterboard and Moistureboard installed throughout the entire property and joints filled, coated with Drywall primer and sealer.
- Installation of plywood flooring and sheathing, new linings and casings
- New windows and sills fitted internally and externally
- Stairs safely removed, salvaged and replaced where necessary. New handrails fitted.
- Non slip vinyl applied in kitchen area
- Internal decoration, paintwork on walls, door frames, skirting etc. All external paintwork done i.e. handrails and fences.
- New appliances fitted throughout the property i.e. Showers, baths, bath units, bath panels, cookers, sinks, wall units, base units and worktops. All surfaces infilled and sealed when necessary.
- External rainwater system upgraded
- All installations safely tested and commissioned.